How to make Mutton Masala Dum Gosht for Lunch
Today’s recipe is about Eid. I am sharing an easy recipe with you to make Mutton Masala Dum Gosht at home for lunch. The combination of smoke and yogurt give the mutton an unforgettable taste and yummy aroma.
Procedure to make Mutton Masala Dum Gosht
For making Masala Dum Gosht at home, you have to follow the quick and simple recipe that is given below.
- Sesame seeds, half tbsp
- Almonds, five to six
- Desiccated coconut, one tsp
- Mutton, one kg
- Yogurt, one cup
- Lemon juice, two tbsp
- Raw Papaya paste, one and half tsp
- Ginger paste, one tsp
- Garlic paste, one tsp
- Poppy seeds, one & half tsp
- Coriander powder, one tsp
- Nutmeg powder, quarter tsp
- Red chili powder, one tsp
- Cumin powder, one tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder, one tsp
- Turmeric powder, quarter tsp
- Oil, quarter cup
- Sliced onion, one large
- Water, half cup
- Charcoal, for smoke
- In the first step, take a mixer and add sesame seeds, almonds and desiccated coconut and grind them well & set it aside.
- After that, take a mixing bowl add mutton pieces in it and make the marination batter.
- Firstly, add yogurt, lemon juice, salt, papaya paste, ginger & garlic paste, poppy seeds, grounded mixture, coriander powder, nutmeg powder, red chili powder, Garam Masala powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder.
- Now, mix the ingredients well with your hand and marinate it for four to six hours or overnight.
- After that, take a cooking pot and add oil in it.
- Then, add sliced onions and fry them until they turn to light golden in color.
- Later, add marinated mixture and stir well on high flame for five to six minutes.
- After five minutes, lower the flame and add water in the pot.
- Cover the lid and cook for one hour.
- After one hour, heat the charcoal and give smoke to the mutton.
Garnish Mutton Masala Dum Gosht with chopped coriander and serve hot with Nan and salad.