Barbecue seekh kabab recipe
Today I am going to share with you an amazing and eid special minced recipe that you can easily cook at home within a short time by using delicious ingredients. That is barbecue seekh kabab recipe.
Barbecue Seekh kabab, which literally means kabab on a skewer, are traditionally made on an outdoor grill over coals that add much color as it does flavor the kababs. This recipe is a famous south Asian recipe. The yogurt raita is simple and a must to go with these kababs. People like to eat barbecue seekh kabab with roti, bread or naan.
Now I am coming towards the ingredients which are used in barbecue seekh kababs.
- Beef minced, fifty grams
- Bread slice, one
- Egg, one
- Fried onion, one tbsp.
- Seekh kabab masala, two tbsp.
- Raw papaya paste, two tbsp. (optional)
- Green chili, (chopped), two
- Salt, half tsp
- Red chili powder, half tsp
- For seekh kabab masala:
- Garlic powder, one tbsp.
- Ginger powder, one tbsp.
- Salt, one tbsp.
- Button red chili, one tbsp.
- Red chili powder, one tbsp.
- Cumin, two tbsp.
- Coriander seeds, two tbsp.
- Poppies seeds, one tbsp.
- Peanut, one tbsp.
- Roasted chickpeas, two tbsp.
- Mace powder, one tbsp.
Method (how to make seekh kabab masala)
- Take a blender, add into roasted chickpeas, peanut, cumin, coriander seeds, and poppies seeds, blend all the ingredients completely.
- Now add salt, red chili powder, button red chili, garlic powder, ginger powder, maca powder, nutmeg powder and garam masala powder, mix it well.
Your seekh kabab masala is ready; set aside.
Method (how to make barbecue kabab)
- Take a chopper, add into beef mince, raw papaya powder, seekh kabab masala, salt, red chili chopped, fried onion, bread slice and eggs then chop well all the ingredients.
- Remove the mixture into the chopper and put into the bowl.
- Cover with foil and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to the six hours.
- To make kababs, dampen your hands with cooking oil, scoop out a big ball of a beef mixture and pierce it through the skewer. Working quickly but gently, spread the beef on the skewer with your hands.
- Press your middle finger in a diagonal angle down the beef skewer to make the signature grooves on the kabab.
- To grill the kabab in the skewer
- Cook the kababs for ten to twenty minutes, rotating as needed to brown the kababs all around. If you find that your kababs are getting dry, brush oil as needed.
Once cooked, slides of the kabab onto a plate and serve with salad, raita, and hot parathas.