Desert Recipe of Soft Rasmalai at Home
Rasmalai is a royal recipe, often served in weddings and on special occasions. Rasmalai is a Bengali dish made with cheese balls dip into Rasmalai. It is one of the best Indian sweet dessert. It is gluten free recipe best for those who can’t tolerate gluten. I already have a rasmalai recipe on my blog but today I bring a new recipe for you to make Soft Rasmalai at Home. I hope you will like this recipe, give it a try by our step by step instruction. Let’s start with the recipe!
Make Restaurant Style Perfect Rasmalai Recipe
- Full fat milk, 4 cups
- Lemon juice or vinegar, 3 tbsp
- Corn flour, ½ tsp
- Full fat milk, 3 cups
- Sweetened condensed milk or white sugar, 200 gram
- Green cardamom powder, ½ tsp
- Crushed almonds, 1 tbsp
- Crushed pistachios, 1 tbsp
- Pinch of saffron or Kesar strands, dissolved in 2 tbsp milk
- Water, 4 cups
- Sugar, 1 cup
- To make rasmalai balls, first milk is boiled and then curdled it by adding lemon juice or vinegar.
- Drain it with the help of cheese cloth, rinse with fresh water to remove acidic flavor, fold cloth and remove excess water by slowly pressing with hands and make a knot.
- Then, hang it for about 30 minutes to remove excess water.
Malai or Rabri:
- Add milk in a heavy bottom pan and boil it first, then add cardamom powder, condensed milk or sugar, crushed almonds, crushed pistachios and saffron.
- Mix them, cover and cook this mixture on slow to medium flame till the milk is reduced from three to two cups.
- Now, turn off the flame and keep this mixture aside.
- For balls, add paneer to a plate with some corn flour and knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth.
- Make balls with hands and keep them aside.
Sugar Syrup & Cook Cheese Balls:
- Boil four cups of water with one cup of sugar at high flame.
- Now, add cheese balls into boiling water and covered for 15-18 minutes on a moderately high flame.
- After 18 minutes, remove balls from hot water and transfer sugar syrup in pan, add cheese balls in it and let them to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove balls from sugar syrup, press gently with palms to remove excess sugar syrup.
- Transfer them to a serving dish, add pour malai on it.
- Garnish with crushed nuts, almonds and pistachio.
- Finally, refrigerate for 6-7 hours or for overnight.
- Rasmalai is ready, Serve it and enjoy.
- Always use full fat milk.
- For creamy malai use sweetened condensed milk.
- Use diluted vinegar to avoid the strong flavor of it.
- If using fresh lemon, make sure there is no pulp.
- Make sure, if you make balls without corn flour, then boil them for 10 minutes only not 15-18 minutes.
I hope these five steps will helps you to making the Soft Rasmalai at Home. Share it with your family and friend and comment your views and suggestion in comment box. Cheers and enjoy!