How to make North African style Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce
Today, I am sharing an incredible North African style recipe to make Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce. It is a traditional African style dish. It is a different recipe; you can make it for dinner and make your meal exciting.
Ingredients to make Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce
- Olive oil, two tbsp
- Chopped garlic, three cloves
- Chopped onion, one cup
- Salt, one tbsp
- Pepper, one tbsp
- Turmeric powder, one tbsp
- Paprika powder, one tbsp
- Cumin seeds, one tbsp
- Harissa paste, two tbsp
- Tomato puree, two tbsp
- Canned tomatoes, 800gm
- Eggs, five
- Parsley, crushed
For making Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce at home, you have to follow the simple procedure.
- In the first step, take a saucepan and add olive oil in it.
- After that, add three tbsp of chopped garlic cloves.
- Now, fry them for one minute.
- Then, take one medium sized onion and chop them.
- Now, add them to the saucepan and fry them for one minute.
- Later, add one tbsp of salt, one tbsp turmeric powder, one tbsp of paprika powder, one tbsp of cumin seed and two tbsp Harissa paste into the saucepan.
- Now, stir them for one to two minutes.
- After that, add two tbsp of tomato puree in the pan and mix the ingredients well.
- Now, take canned tomatoes and add them to the saucepan.
- Then, cook them for some time.
- In the last, take five fresh eggs and pour them over the tomato sauce.
- Now, Cook for one minute with covering lid.
- After that, sprinkle chopped parsley on the eggs.
Delicious Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce is ready to eat now, serve it with plain rice or fried rice and enjoy with your family.