How to make Spicy Peshawari Mutton Karahi with Easy Recipe
The mutton karahi is the most famous dish in Pakistan but when it comes to Spicy Peshawari Mutton Karahi, it will bring water in your mouth. The amazing combination of mutton with spices in a Peshawari cooking style gives a delicious taste. So, follow the step by step recipe and enjoy it.
How to Make Spicy Peshawari Mutton Karahi
The ingredients that need to make the Delicious Mutton Karahi, you need following ingredients at home.
- Clarified butter, ½ cup
- Mutton mix boti, ½ kg
- Salt, one tsp or to taste
- Ginger garlic paste, 1 & ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder, ½ tsp
- Red chili powder, ½ tbsp or to taste
- Yogurt, ¼ cup
- Tomatoes (peeled & halved), 5-6
- Water, two cups
- Black pepper (crushed), one tsp
- Coriander seeds (roasted & crushed), two tsp
- Cumin seeds (roasted & crushed), one tsp
- Whole spice powder, one tsp
- Dried fenugreek seeds, one tbsp
- Green chilies, 3-4
- Fresh coriander
- Ginger (julienne)
- First of all, add clarified butter in a wok, let it melt, then add mutton mix boti and salt into the wok and mix well for few minutes.
- Then, cover it with the lid and cook on low flame for ten minutes.
- After that, add ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder and yogurt, mix well until oil separates.
- In the next step, add tomatoes and water, again cover it and cook on low flame until meat is tender (it takes twenty to twenty-five minutes).
- Then, mix well and add crushed tomatoes, black pepper crushed, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and whole spice powder, mix well and cook until oil separates.
- In the last step, add dried fenugreek seeds green chilies, fresh coriander and ginger, cover it with a lid and let it simmer for two minutes.
Serve and enjoy the Spicy Peshawari Mutton Karahi.