How to make quick and easy Nigerian chicken stew at home
Today, I am going to share a quick recipe to make tomato based Nigerian chicken stew at home. It is very easy to make and delicious in taste. The great thing about this dish is it has a yummy blend of tomatoes and onions. It gives a delicious taste to the chicken.
Recipe to make Nigerian chicken stew
For making quick and easy Nigerian Chicken Stew at home, you have to follow the given recipe.
- Chicken, half kg
- Habanero pepper, five to six
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, one bowl
- Onion, three medium sized
- Ginger, one tbsp chopped
- Vegetable Oil, quarter cup
- Thyme, one tbsp
- All purpose seasoning, one tbsp
- Scotch bonnet paper, one
- Water, quarter cup
- Curry leaves, two to three
- Stock cubes, two
- Salt, as per taste
- In the first, take a cooking pot and add chicken in it.
- Now, add all the dry ingredients in the chicken and water.
- Let the chicken tender and cook until it becomes soft.
- Then, grill fry the chicken on a grilling pan and set it aside.
- Later, blend the tomatoes, peppers and onion well to make a puree.
- Now, pour the puree into a pot and put it on the stove to dry excess water.
- After that, take a cooking pot and heat some oil in it.
- Then, pour in the dried tomato mixture in the cooking pot.
- Cover the lid and cook the mixture for 25 minutes until tomato loses its sour taste.
- After that, add the chicken stock and chicken cubes in the mixture and mix them well.
- Bring the mixture to boil on a medium flame for fifteen minutes.
- Now, add fried and grilled chicken and salt as per taste.
- Simmer the mixture for five minutes.
- Scoop out the excess oil and store for later use.
Delicious Nigerian chicken stew is ready to serve now, garnish it with chopped onion and thyme.