Restaurant Style Delicious & Spicy Chicken Haleem Recipe
Haleem is a traditional recipe that is mostly liked by Asians. There are many ways to make this tasty mixture of lentils and vegetables but a very simple and easy one is given in this article. So, follow the steps carefully to make Spicy Chicken Haleem at home.
Easy Way to Make Spicy Chicken Haleem
The chicken Haleem is a combination of many spices, vegetables and pulses, all ingredients are following:
- Water, 2-3 liters
- Barley, ¾ cup (soaked overnight)
- Wheat 1 & ¼ cup (soaked overnight)
- Baking soda, ½ tsp
- Oil, 2-3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste, 2 tsp
- Boneless chicken, ½ kg
- Red chili powder, 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder, ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder) 1 tsp
- Green chili (Chopped), 1 tbsp
- Salt, 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- Yogurt, 1 cup
- Onion (Fried) 3 tbsp
- Chicken cubes, 2
- Salt, as taste
- Water, boiled (optional)
- Whole spice powder, 1 tsp
- Nutmeg & mace powder, ½ tsp
- Chat masala, as required
- Oil, as required
- Onion, 1 (Sliced)
- Onion (Fried)
- Green Chili
- Green coriander
- Ginger (julienne)
- Chaat masala, 1 tsp or as needed
- First of all, take a clean pot, add water, barley, wheat and bring it to boil, let it cook for thirty minutes.
- Then, add baking soda, cover and cook till tender at least for one hour.
- Later, catch a wok, add oil, ginger garlic paste, boneless chicken, fry until it changes color.
- After that, obtain red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, green chili, salt, yogurt and add all the things intot he mixture, cook until chicken is done.
- Now, add fried onion and mix well, shred cooked chicken and set aside.
- In the next step, blend barley and wheat mixture until smooth, add cooked chicken and chicken cubes, mix until well all the ingredients combine.
- Then, add salt and boiled water if Haleem is looking too thick and blend again.
- Now, add whole spice powder, nutmeg, mace powder and chaat masala.
- After that, catch a frying pan, add oil and onion, fry until golden brown, add fried onion in Haleem mixture and mix well.
- In the final step, garnish the Haleem with fried onion, green chili, green coriander, ginger, chaat masala and lemon juice.
The Spicy Chicken Haleem is ready to serve!