Restaurant Style Recipe for Spicy Fried Karelay (Bitter Gourd)
Bitter gourd is the healthiest vegetable that is unlike by many people due to its bitter taste. But today, I am giving you the easiest recipe which makes bitter gourd tasty and delicious that you never feel it before. To make Spicy Fried Karelay, you should follow the procedure step by step.
Simple Recipe to Make Spicy Fried Karelay (Bitter Gourd)
- Bitter gourd (karelay), ½ kg
- Onions (sliced), 250 gram or 3 medium
- Tomato (sliced), 250 grams or 3 medium
- Green chilies (chopped), three
- Ginger (julienne), one inch
- Ginger paste, ½ tsp
- Garlic paste, ½ tsp
- Salt, one tsp
- Cumin seeds, one tsp
- Red chili powder (heaped), ½ tsp
- Red chili flakes, one tbsp
- Cumin powder (heaped), ½ tsp
- Turmeric, ¼ tsp
- Oil, ½ cup
- First of all, take a saucepan, add half a cup of oil and fry bitter gourd in oil for five minutes.
- Then, take them out from the pan in a plate, add tomatoes, spices and ginger garlic paste in the pan into the same oil, mix and cover the lid of pan.
- After that, keep the flame low to cook the tomatoes completely, then add onions into the pan and cook five minutes to make the onions soft and soften.
- In the next step, add ¼ to ½ cup of water into the mixture and give it a boil for few minutes on heat.
- Later, add fried bitter gourds in it and mix well with the spatula, keep the flame slow and cover it with the lid, cook it for fifteen minutes.
- When all the water gets dry add chopped green chilies and mix the ingredients well, simmer for two minutes and your recipe is ready.
Serve and enjoy the recipe of Spicy Fried Karelay.