Make Deep Fried Crisp Balushahi Recipe at Home
Balushahi is deep fried Indian festive sweet recipe, made with flour and sugar syrup. These Balushahi are crispy and sugary on outside and flaky on the inside. It is basically Mughlai dish, popular dish of Moghul Emperor’s kitchen. It is also called Badusha. This recipe is strongly resemblance to donuts but varies in taste. There are several variations and styles of Balushahi Recipe but I have shared the most common version of this recipe. Sweeten Balushahi recipe is easy to make in few minutes but the real happiness comes when you get the first bite. Let’s start with the recipe!
Make Instant Balushahi Recipe Step by Step
Prepare Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar, 2 Cups
- Water, 1 Cup
- Lemon juice, few drops
Prepare Dough: –
- All-purpose flour, 1½ Cups
- Baking soda, ¼ tsp
- Nutmeg powder, ¼ tsp
- Cardamom powder, ½ tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Ghee melted, 2½ tbsp
- Yogurt, 3 tbsp
- Water, ¼ cup
- Cooking oil, for frying
- Pistachio, for garnishing
Prepare Sugar Syrup:
- In a saucepan, add sugar and water, mix them well and cook on low flame until sugar is dissolved completely and continue cook until syrup becomes thick.
- Now, add lemon juice in it, mix it well and keep aside.
- Sugar syrup is ready.
- In a bowl, stiff all-purpose flour and baking soda together.
- Now, add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder, and salt in it, mix them well.
- Then, add ghee, yogurt and mix them well until crumbled.
- Gradually add water and mix until combined, cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Grease your hands and surface with oil and flatten the dough on it and roll it.
- Cut the dough with the help of the cutter in to small pieces.
- Now, take a small dough piece, make a ball with hands and with the help of the thumb press from the center to make a hole.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry dough on low flame for 20-25 minutes.
- After frying, add these balls in warm sugar syrup and leave them for 10-15 minutes and take out in a serving plate.
- Garnish them with pistachio, nuts & serve.
Hope you like the Balushahi Recipe, must try it at home and share your experience with me. Also share it with your family and friends. Don’t forget to comment below for your suggestion and views. Cheers!